Falconbury's In House training programme for HR Team was...
'an excellent vehicle to deliver skills'
When Rexam, the world's largest beverage can maker and leading global consumer packaging company, underwent restructing within their HR Department, they approached Falconbury to develop a tailored training course that would help their HR Managers adapt to their new HR Role with it's new vision and mission, and become Business Partners.
With lots of organisational change taking place within Rexam, the HR Role was undergoing significant change with a new vision and mission being launched. There was a need for training for the HR team to help them adapt to these changes, embrace the new vision and contribute to adding more value to the business.
Falconbury created a four day intensive executive development programme providing the necessary insights and information for the high potential HR managers to drive Business Partnership and make the transition to the new vision and mission.
The best way for the training to be delivered was an In-house programme would be carried out by Falconbury trainers off-site in the UK. A tailored version of the HR ‘Executive Mini-MBA’ was created for high potential HR Managers from the Global HR Team, participants came from the UK, US, Asia, Germany and other European operations. The aim of the HR Mini-MBA was to enable the participants to carry the mission and vision forward.
Objectives of the training included:
- Develop a wider understanding of how HR can contribute to the business agenda
- Consider your current modus operandi against some of the leading edge developments in HR.
- Compare the way you operate with how you will operate in the future, focusing on the HR mission.
- Work on a focused business case that addresses Rexam HR challenges and present back on the final day to senior managers.
- Mastering strategy & strategic HR thinking
- Strategic finance & commercial skills for HR – your role as a ‘business person’
- Strategic marketing of HR Services in Rexam
- Strategic change management and HR as a ‘business partner’
- Business case presentations
“Challenges given to us about our own mindset were very valuable”
“Excellent presentations from both trainers”
“A demanding and necessary programme with in-depth content and a strategic view at all times.”
“The objective of this programme was to broaden the skill set of our key HR Managers and to strengthen their ability to contribute in a wider business forum. This is critical in earning a “Business Partner” role for HR and in delivering greater added value to the business. This programme was an excellent vehicle to deliver those skills.”
Paul Shipman, Rexam